1995-2005 Chevy Cavalier Rear Strut & Spring Assembly Pair1ASFK00033
- Location: Rear
- Quantity: Pair
Designed for easier installation. These are new replacement strut and spring assemblies. We recommend replacing struts in pairs and performing an alignment after replacement.
- Comes as a PAIR
- Fits both the LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side) REAR
- Replacement upper mounts
- Upper and lower spring isolators
- Upper spring seats
- Coil springs
- Boot kits
- Preassembled for easier replacement
- Fits all models
In the past, replacing struts required specialized tools to compress, remove and transfer the spring. Our new strut and spring assemblies make this job much simpler for the do it yourself mechanic. This part comes pre-assembled. Jack up and support the vehicle with jack stands. Remove the wheel. Unbolt the top mounts and the bottom from the suspension and replace the whole unit. The large bottom bolts usually require an impact wrench and socket for removal. When reassembling, be sure to torque all nuts and bolts to their proper specifications. Do not use impact tools when reassembling.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Removing the Rear Strut
- Pull back the insulation in the trunk and remove the 13mm nut above the strut.
- Loosen the lug nuts. Raise the vehicle and remove them the rest of the way. Pull the wheel off.
- Spray penetrating oil on the 19mm bolt on the lower end of the strut.
- Lift up on the wheel and remove the bolt.
- Remove the two 10mm bolts at the top of the strut.
- Pull the strut down and out.
Replacing the Rear Strut
- Put the strut up into place and thread the two 10mm bolts.
- Pull up on the wheel and push the 19mm bolt into place.
- Make sure the strut is properly in place and tighten the two 10mm bolts. 30ft/lbs.
- Torque the 19mm bolt to 55ft/lbs.
- Put the wheel on and replace the lug nuts. Lower the vehicle and tighten the lug nuts in a star patter to 75ft/lbs.
- Replace the 13mm nut in the trunk.
How-to Video:(07:27 min)
- Penetrating Oil
- Socket Extensions
- 10mm Socket
- 13mm Socket
- 19mm Socket
- Floor Jack
Materials, Fluids, and Supplies
Ratchets & Related
Sockets - Metric
- 1995-2005 Chevy Cavalier Rear Strut & Spring Assembly Pair
- 1995-2005 Pontiac Sunfire Rear Strut & Spring Assembly Pair
Part #: 1ASFK00033
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.