1995-1995 Chevy Tahoe 124 Amp Alternator for V8 5.7L (8th Vin Digit K)1AEAL00060
- 124 Ampere Alternator
- This NEW alternator will install just as your original does.
- Designed to fit your original engine brackets.
- Your existing wiring harness will attach with no modification.
- Installation Instructions (pdf) included in English, Spanish, and French
- This Alternator will give you trouble free performance
- Each unit is individually tested.
- You'll receive a report with your alternator that shows its performance.
- Example (pdf)
- New vs. Remanufactured
- Nothing is more frustrating than pulling off the side of the road with a failed alternator. That is why we carry only new alternators which are 94% more reliable than remanufactured alternators.
- Our Alternators are 100% NEW. Castings, pulleys, fans, hardware, internal parts, etc. are all new.
- No Core Charge; No hassling with an old core
- Please verify the picture matches the alternator in your vehicle. If you think there is a difference please call us to toll free 888-844-3393 to verify fit.
- For some vehicles we provide the VIN engine code to match. Match the 8th digit (5th digit on 1979 and earlier) of your VIN number to the VIN code in the title.
- 1975 Buick Apollo Alternator 250ci (5th VIN Digit D) With A/C 63 Amp
- If you have a 1975 Buick Apollo you want to make sure the 5th digit of your VIN is D and you have Air Conditioning
- 1973 Buick Centurion Alternator 455ci With A/C 63 Amp
- This alternator will fit a '73 Centurion with a 455 cubic inch engine and Air Conditioning.
- Your vehicles VIN number can be found in the lower left corner of the windshield or on your registration.
Shipping Note:Sorry, but we can only ship this product to physical addresses in the U.S. Continental 48 states.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Disconnecting the Battery
- Disconnect the negative battery cable
Accessing the Alternator
- Remove the thumbscrew from the air cleaner
- Loosen the air cleaner hose clamp
- Disconnect the air cleaner hose
- Pull out the air cleaner
- Remove the 1/4 inch bolt from the A/C line bracket
- Pull the A/C lines aside
Removing the Alternator
- Disconnect the alternator wiring harness
- Remove the 10mm nut from the alternator battery lead
- Disconnect the battery lead
- Loosen the 9/16 inch bolt from the alternator
- Loosen the 1/4 inch bolt from the alternator
- Pull the belt from the alternator
- Remove the nut from the back of the alternator
- Remove the 9/16 inch bolt and the 1/4 inch bolt from the alternator
- Pull the alternator up and out
Preparing the New Alternator
- Transfer the bracket from the old alternator to the new one
- Insert a T50 Torx bit into the alternator shaft on the new alternator
- Remove the 15/16 inch nut from the new alternator
- Remove the pulley from the new alternator
- Remove the pulley from the old alternator and transfer it to the new one
- Match the position of the post on the new alternator to the old one
- For more detailed instructions on changing the post position, please see our other videos
Installing the New Alternator
- Put the new alternator into place
- Start the 9/16 inch bolt into the alternator
- Start the 1/4 inch bolt into the alternator
- Fasten the nut onto the back of the alternator
- Connect the alternator wiring harness
- Connect the battery lead
- Fasten the nut onto the battery lead
- Put on the battery lead boot
- Pull the belt onto the alternator
- Pull the alternator up with a pry bar to tighten the belt
- Tighten the two bolts into the front of the alternator
Reconnecting the Battery
- Reconnect the negative battery cable
Reinstalling the Air Cleaner
- Put the A/C lines onto their bracket
- Insert the bolt into the A/C line bracket
- Put the air cleaner into place
- Connect the air cleaner hose
- Tighten the air cleaner hose clamp
- Fasten the thumbscrew onto the air cleaner
How-to Video:(09:54 min)
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- Pry Bar
- 10mm Socket
- 11mm Socket
- 12mm Socket
- 13mm Socket
- 14mm Socket
- 15mm Socket
- 1/2 Inch Socket
- 7/16 Inch Socket
- 9/16 Inch Socket
- 10mm Wrench
- 11mm Wrench
- 12mm Wrench
- 13mm Wrench
- 14mm Wrench
- 15mm Wrench
- 1/2 Inch Wrench
- 7/16 Inch Wrench
- 9/16 Inch Wrench
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
Sockets - SAE
Wrenches - Metric
Wrenches - SAE
- 1991-1994 Chevy Blazer Full Size 124 Amp Alternator for V8 5.7L (8th Vin Digit K)
- 1989-1995 Chevy C1500 Truck 124 Amp Alternator
- 1989-1995 Chevy C2500 Truck 124 Amp Alternator
- 1989-1995 Chevy C3500 Truck 124 Amp Alternator
- 1992-1993 Chevy Corvette 124 Amp Alternator for V8 5.7L (8th Vin Digit P)
- 1989-1995 Chevy K1500 Truck 124 Amp Alternator
- 1989-1995 Chevy K2500 Truck 124 Amp Alternator
- 1989-1995 Chevy K3500 Truck 124 Amp Alternator
- 1992-1995 Chevy Suburban C1500 124 Amp Alternator for V8 5.7L (8th Vin Digit N)
- 1992-1995 Chevy Suburban K1500 124 Amp Alternator for V8 5.7L (8th Vin Digit N)
- 1995 Chevy Tahoe 124 Amp Alternator for V8 5.7L (8th Vin Digit K)
- 1989-1995 GMC C1500 Truck 124 Amp Alternator
- 1989-1995 GMC C2500 Truck 124 Amp Alternator
- 1989-1995 GMC C3500 Truck 124 Amp Alternator
- 1991 GMC Jimmy Full Size 124 Amp Alternator for V8 5.7L (8th Vin Digit K)
- 1989-1995 GMC K1500 Truck 124 Amp Alternator
- 1989-1995 GMC K2500 Truck 124 Amp Alternator
- 1989-1995 GMC K3500 Truck 124 Amp Alternator
- 1989-1995 GMC Suburban 124 Amp Alternator
- 1992-1995 GMC Yukon 124 Amp Alternator for V8 5.7L (8th Vin Digit K)
Part #: 1AEAL00060
- Ships in 1-3 Business Days. Delivery times vary.
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.